Sunday, March 08, 2009

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

You want to know about Heavy Metal music? history, culture, fans, musicians...etc, then check Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.

This movie can also serve as a good source of information for those listening to Take That and Britney Spears. However, For metal fans, this is a must, Sam Dunn has done a great job. He reminds me of myself when I first started listening to Rock and Heavy Metal, I was around 12 years old when I started to listen to Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Iron Maiden - they are still my most favorite in spite of list of favorite bands kept on growing through the years to include many others like Led Zeppelin, Slayer, Dream Theater, Queensrych and many more.

The success of Metal: A Headbanger's Journey was the motivation, I think for Sam Dunn to make another movie last year called "Global Metal", which is I also watched yesterday. It compasses Heavy Metal around the world, in places where no western person would think this genre of music would exist. Global Metal takes Dunn to South America, Japan, Indonesia, and United Arab Emirates

I would love to make such a trip

Global Metal also similar to Journey's with footage of Heavy Metal legends performing life in front of their loyal fans, in addition to interviews with guitarists and singers.





"Slayer? in a Muslim country!!"

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"






Check out the trailer of Global Metal

No comments: