Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baghdad Burning At The Border

I read today a post from Baghdad Burning blog. It tells the story about the situation of Iraqis at the broder between Syria and Iraq. A very strong and emotional post and it struck me how time did not change, in fact it got worse! more Iraqis are forced to leave because of their government, and the situation put forcefully on them!


Some highlights from that post are: " Apparently, our esteemed puppets in power met with Syrian and Jordanian authorities and decided they wanted to take away the last two safe havens remaining for Iraqis- Damascus and Amman." It driving me crazy thinking that those "puppets in power" are the enemies of Saddam when he was in power and they dispised every single action he took. Why they are doing the same? why they follow the same practices?

I liked that remark "The sun beat down on everyone equally- Sunnis, Shia and Kurds alike" and "I cried that night because for the first time in a long time, so far away from home, I felt the unity that had been stolen from us in 2003. "
Iraqis have found their stolen unity again, but in another country!

5 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Years ago my g/f sent me an email with a link to this blog, I read every post and was when I first became aware of the Iraq war. Oh I knew vague things, it had been on the news, the 'Stop War' protests in Australia.

But it was the first I read of it with depth, and amazing insight. I was amazed that my fellow countrymen gave little thought to what was happening to a people.

But I kept reading and as always I am moved by the words she writes. This was a sad but as always hopeful post.

MixMax said...

Ironic!! your countrymen gave little thought to what was happenning to a people while your country have been involved to its neck with the invasion of Iraq!!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I am not responsible for the views or lack of in my fellow Australians (as I said this was 3 yrs ago)i can only answer for my own, which I assumed you were aware of by now.

yes I am fully aware of the Australian Armies role in the 'co-alliton of the willing' It is why this govt. will be voted out shortly.

No it is not 'Ironic' it is blatently wrong and yu missed the point of my comment!

MixMax said...

Gale, I have no doubts what so ever regarding your intentions and stand, and you know that by now

I was merely commenting on a fact, which neither you nor I do responsible for.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

my point was on rivervends gift of writing. If i myself had not been exposed to it i may have of remaind as ingorant as the rest...